Revision & Assessment
At Yeats College, we work with an integrated teaching model whereby teachers follow a common, structured revision schedule which aids students’ retention of key concepts.
Students of Yeats College Benefit From:
- A student-focused approach
- Motivational and highly skilled teaching staff
- Extensive teaching handouts and revision notes
- Study skills seminars including stress management, well-being, concentration and listening skills, revision and memory aids and effective note taking
- Student empowerment programs
Each member of the teaching staff has been carefully selected for their expertise in their chosen field, with many holding higher and Masters Degrees in their respective subject areas.
How We Do It
We achieve this with:
- Regular monthly assessment tests
- Revision worksheets
- Detailed revision schedules
- Follow-up action- teachers meet students on a one to one basis and discuss potential areas for improvement and strategies required to attain their desired grade.
Continual assessment is a major feature of life at Yeats College. Under continual assessment students take part in:
- Mock Leaving Certificate examinations at Christmas and Easter
- The results of all academic assessments are available to parents live on VSware, which can be accessed confidentially.
- Parent-teacher meetings are also held following major examinations.
- Monthly assessments